Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 130 and 131

Day 130: Today was my last 3am shift! It was waaaaaay busier than we expected and we ran out of food really quickly and had to run and grab more! Lynx was slow. After Lynx, Liz and I went up to Rapids to clean everything. Unfortunately for us, they turned the water off. We had to go down to River Run to get water, which we didn't mind because that means overtime pay while we went down. We finally clocked out at 5pm. It was a really long day. When I got home, I started packing and cleaning so that in the morning it would be a quick clean-up.

Day 131: This is it! I woke at 7 and went and got breakfast. It wasn't very good and I think it got me a little sick because on the bus to the depot I felt like I needed to puke.... But back to checkout.... I had so much to do and Anna wouldn't get out of bed and so when she finally got up, she had to rush around and do everything. I had to wait for her to finally do all her stuff so we could get someone to come do a room check for us. I took the bus to the depot and we got on the train late. They gave us really crappy bagged lunches and it made us feel like we were on an elementary school field trip again! The train ride was pretty. We went over a bunch of ravines and rivers. I slept a few times on the train too..... The train had glass ceilings so you could see everything. There were a few times that we could see Denali. It was so pretty it made me want to cry a little bit. We finally got to Anchorage at 8 and took a bus to our hotel. It was a pretty nice hotel for being so cheap! Liz and I went out and got dinner and then came back and repacked our bags so they would fit everything. I ended up getting a bunch of her music off her computer too! It is 1245 and I have to wake up in 3 hours. I can't believe I am almost done in Alaska. It feels like I just got here and I am sad because I am just now coming out of my shell and talking to people I don't know! Seattle, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment