Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 109, 110, 111

Day 109: I had work.

Day 110: Yesterdays blog was pointless really... I went to work and when I came home, I took a nap and didn't wake up until work the following morning. 3pm-3am. It was pretty nice! Today I had work again. I only worked a half day so I was off at 930. I would normally take a nap after that since it was early, but since I slept so much yesterday I knew a nap was pointless. I came home, got into normal people clothes, and took the bus back to property. I met Robert and Trisha at Lynx. We had pizza. Then we all came home. We decided that we were going to go to the dance at Salmon Bake, so they took a nap. I still  had a few hours before we were going to go out, so Anna and I went to property and sat in the hot tubs for 2 hours and then got dinner at Cruisers. We sat with Kate and Kelly and laughed a lot. After dinner, we took the shuttle home and I watched Kate's Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert on DVD. We got ready and took the shuttle to property to go to Salmon Bake. Bre ended up coming with us too. It was fun. The music was all Bulgarian. They have fun music.  We stayed out late and caught the 215 shuttle back home. It was so early, but it was nice to actually go out and do something. I had fun dancing with Trisha, Robert and Bre. I got home around 230 and then went to bed.

Day 111: So at 7am, the fire alarm went off. Someone thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm. It wasn't funny to me. Oh well.... They will get in trouble for it! haha. I went back to bed after that and finally got out of bed at 1ish. When Anna got home from work, we went to 49th since I hadn't eaten at all since last night. I finished Les Mis. If I was home now, I would be seeing Les Mis in person in either Portland or Seattle. I am sad I am missing it since it won't be back for a while, but I am glad I came to Alaska. People keep asking me if I am going to be coming back next summer. I haven't decided yet. If I do come back next year, I want management or something. I can't come back and be under people who don't understand the job and its qualifications. My lead at Lynx is 19 and half the time, she doesn't know what to do or how to handle a situation. She gets flustered really easily. I talked to a security guard a few days ago, who thinks I should do security here next year. I told him I probably wouldn't get hired for that since I am a girl and he said that he would hire me at another lodge he works at for security! Maybe I will do that. It is in California! He is the head of security in California at Mammoth Lake and wants me to come.We'll see... I did laundry today too but when I went to transfer to the dryer, my clothes were soaked still. So I had to go through and ring them out before I put them in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment