Monday, August 29, 2011

Days 105, 106, 107 and 108

I know I have said this before, but I am getting so bad at posting on the actual day stuff occurs. It would make each post so much more full but I am just getting lazy and bored with this.......

Day 105: I was supposed to get today off, but because I was sick the last two days, Emily had me come into Rapids. Good thing too, because Tony called in sick.... Lynx was apparently busy, but I wasn't there because it was my 'day off '. I came home and looked for apartments in Utah for a bit. I am leaning more towards renting a house with friends. I also talked to Ethan today for about 10 minutes. Ya, he actually had a conversation (as much as a three year old can have) with me! 

Day 106: Work was work today. It was a DEX day so slow.... After work, Trisha, Robert and I went on a mini hike. It was on a rope course because it got so steep. It was a nice little hike. No Sugarloaf or Wallowas..... I was glad I went. I am getting a bug for hiking again! It is exhausting in the beginning, but it gets so much easier as you go! After we got back to the Lodge, we had to wait for the shuttle so we had dinner at the EDR on property. Rudy has taken over it so the food is actually really good now. He made baked chicken breast, not soaked in butter, russet potatoes, not soaked in butter, and sauteed squash, also not soaked in butter! I was so thankful for a meal not soaked in butter! When I got home, Rudy text me and wanted a foot massage. I went down to his room and we were able to talk and just hang out. It was nice! I also found out that a couple got married tonight. Apparently, a foreigner paid a girl a bunch of money to get married so he could stay here.... golddigger.......

Day 107: Today was a very long day. I got off a two like always, but it just seemed to drag on and on and on and on..... It may just be that I am tired. I haven't had a nap in a really long time and I never really get much sleep. So I took a nap today when I got home and slept through dinner. That was fine with me because I hate food at homestead and I wasn't really hungry. I woke up around 9 for an hour or so, and then went back to sleep. 

Day 108: Today was alright. First of all, last night I kept getting text messages from Facebook about people tagging me in photos so I put it on alarm only. I shouldn't have done that because I got a text from Mary at around 1245am telling me the Northern Lights were out. I missed them. They should be out tonight so I am going to wake up in the middle of the night to see them! Work was slow at Rapids and Lynx was a disaster. I hate the stupid ice cream machine. It always explodes on me AFTER the ice cream has frozen. I have to clean it out then to put it back together and my arm always gets so cold! I got so mad about it today. After work, I went to Homestead and grabbed some stuff and went back to the canyon. Megan and I hiked Sugarloaf again today. We were going to do a photo shoot thingy, but ended up just hiking and taking a few snapshots. The pictures made me realize I really need to lose some weight. I noticed it on my other hikes photos, but these are just bad. I plan on hiking something everyday through the end of the season. I know I am hiking part of Mt. Healy next week for Mallory's birthday. I hope we do the whole thing and not just to the overlook. I am not as sore from this hike as I was last time. I am loving this. I know when I get home, dad wants to go to the Wallowas for a little bit. :) 23 days, 23 days, 23 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment