Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 62 Contains a HP spoiler or 2.

I had today off! I slept for 14 hours! I didn't get up until noon! I cleaned my room a little bit since we have inspection on Saturday and then went to the Harry Potter midnight premier in Fairbanks.

The premier wasn't that cool. I am used to people being in line a day in advance with costumes and chairs and games. Where people get to know everyone in line and people laugh and just have fun. I'm used to waiting in line outside until at least 1030 before they let people in. It was way different in Fairbanks. I got to the theater at 1030 and there wasn't anyone outside. I go into the lobby and people are already in the theaters waiting. I guess they empty all the theaters really early so people can just go in and sit down and wait it out in there. There weren't also many people dressed up! There was a group of 8 guys that all dressed up and had written 'Hermionies Herem' on their shirts. They were all really cute!

The movie was good. Not the best of the HP series, but still good. It seemed to be really blunt when explaining things and it felt like they were just trying to end the movie. There wasn't the long intense pauses or holds in anything. Battles didn't last long and weren't very exciting, when Snape, Fred, Remus and Voldemort died, they only were paused on for a few seconds and that was it. I was expecting it to be a bigger deal when they died, but it wasn't.

I made a realization about the HP series. Well, the Weasley's at least. Ron reminds me of Adam; the sweet innocent kid that gets angry and upset over little things and Fred/George reminds me of Preston; the tall skinny twin makes mischief and is older. Whenever Ron is scared, upset or angry, the look on his face reminds me of Adam and it makes me upset. When Fred dies in this last movie, Ron is holding him crying. It doesn't show how he dies and it doesn't linger on it for more than a few seconds, but I started crying. Silly movie! It is funny how we can compare things like that.

I want to buy all the movies now and have it in a set. I only have GoF, but I need to get the others. I am such a movie whore... I bought 'Troop Beverly Hills' at Walmart yesterday. I love those older movies that remind me of my childhood! haha. When I saw it, I squealed!

I have tomorrow off too! I plan on sleeping in. I didn't get back to Homestead until 430am.

No comments:

Post a Comment