Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 72

Today was supposed to be busy in both locations but it didn't seem like it. There were a few mishaps though.
-A lady bought 3 cinnamon rolls. 2 were for her kids which she said would be down soon(at 6am). Her kids didn't come down until at least 830. We were out of cinnamon rolls at that point so I had to go down to River Run and get more right before closing!
-At Lynx, when the receipt paper gets too low, it stops printing all together. In the kitchen where they receive orders, their paper went out and they didn't know it. When they finally realized it, all the orders came through at once. For some reason though, there was one order that didn't make it. It was a couple with 2 small children. I felt bad because they had to wait so long.

I got to Lynx, and my boss Jamie says she needs to talk to me. She pulls me in the back office and tells me to grab a bank for register because she will go insane if Sarah, Tony and Rhett have banks and I don't. Those three are all really slow at taking orders and counting their banks. Their banks are wrong a lot too. It made me happy to know, that I could save the day like that because I am not a dumb person.

Tony keeps talking about quitting. If he is going to seriously do it, he needs to just do it. I am sick of him complaining about it. The other day at dinner, Megan and I were talking about what we wanted from home and Tony got up and left. He had such a mad look on his face.

Today I didn't get off work until later than expected. I was really tired but needed to go to church. So I set my alarm for a 30 minute power nap so I would have just enough time to get ready for church. I was so tired that I didn't hear my alarm go off! I even tested it to make sure it was working when I finally did wake up and it worked. I slept for 6 hours! So, basically, a whole nights sleep for me. It is 1020 now. I get to go to bed soon.

Tomorrow is my 'half day'. It is so sad to say that when I work a half day, I get off at 930am. It just seems really odd to me.

When I go to Fairbanks on Tuesday, I need to go shopping. I need new work shoes, moisturizer, face scrub and a few other necessities. (WOW, I just spelled necessities right without using spell check! I usually get that one wrong!) I will also get a pedicure because my feet are in terrible shape. My heels look terrible. I may also go tanning for the first time. I need a little color in my skin. I don't know what else I will do.

So Lisa decided not to come to Alaska. It makes me sad because I was looking forward to seeing someone I know, especially her. I miss her. I guess I get to tell my boss now. Oh boy...

Here I go, back to sleep! It's terrible. I know when I get off work tomorrow, I will sleep more too probably...

1 comment:

  1. Your boss can't be mad. It's not your job to hire people! And it's her fault for hiring a bunch of unreliables. I always spell that word wrong too. I try so many times...

    ReplyDelete