Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 6

I didn't have to wake up until 8 today! That one hour of extra sleep was nice! Before work, a maintenance guy showed me a video of a bear he saw. I guess he also saw caribou but I didn't see that part.  Today the lodge officially opened and I worked at both Lynx Creek Pizza and River Run Espresso! Of course the people I worked with drove me nuts! I asked my pizza manager if Mallory could work with me and she said she would work it out. At River Run, I'm going to have to work with a terrible girl who doesn't even want to work and so a new friend named Breanna offered to work with me :) Hopefully it will work out so that I get to work with friends! I think both bosses like me a lot! Well, I hope so.

Across the street from Homestead there is a bar. In that bar is a mechanical bear like a mechanical bull that people ride. I want to go ride it, but don't want to go to the bar. Of course they have the fun cool stuff in stupid places! Friday night is movie night and they're showing 'Black Swan'. Probably won't watch it...

I worked until 630 and my friends don't get off until 1230am, so here I sit, alone in my room, goofing on the blog and watching 'The Patriot'! I could go be more social, but I'm choosing not to be. Many people are either in their rooms getting ready for work, sleeping before work, at work or just getting home from work and going to bed. I'm actually going to go to bed nice and early: 10ish! Weird huh?! I always feel kind of alone out here but it's hard to find people to talk to when  most people want to go out and smoke or go to the bar every night.

2 comments:

  1. Black Swan sounds like an interesting movie- I'd love to see it if it didn't have all that lesbian crap in it. And bear-riding in a bar? Of course! Who wouldn't want to see drunk people trying to ride a bear!? :D

    I hope you're getting enough hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of hours! In fact, when everyone else gets a day off, I will be working! I know eventually my schedule will be set and I'll get time off, but as long as I'm making money, I don't see working a lot of hours as a problem!!

    ReplyDelete