Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 10

I had work at 5 am. Its funny. I try to go to bed early and of course people then contact me. Preston texts me, Megan knocks at my door! Geeze! So I wake up at 345 to catch the 435 shuttle to work. Mallory isn't in the room. When I go down the stairs to catch the shuttle, there she is walking towards me. She hadn't gone to bed yet. She partied all night: I wouldn't have the energy for that!

I get to work and a lady ordered a cinnamon roll and it was during the busy time so I was multi-tasking. So, instead of putting just hers in, I also put another roll in the steamer. I called both out at the same time and she comes up to me and says 'Well I ordered before that other person, so I'm taking both rolls'. She was so rude. She grabbed them out of my hands before I could say anything. I'm sorry you had to wait an additional 25 seconds while I prepare 2 cinnamon rolls... Stupid lady...

So I get off work at River Run Espresso and take my 30 minute break before I start at 10 at Lynx. Within minutes of me clocking on, I get called all the way up the hill to Rapids Espresso to stock everything for the opening tomorrow. I get all that we had put away and then went back to Lynx. I finished at Lynx at 1 and got a lunch and began eating. At that moment, my manager from RR/R asks me to meet her at the top of the hill again to just go over a few things. I assumed it would only take a minute but I ended up being there for 3 hours setting up. Thankfully, she offered to let payroll know that the extra 3 hours I worked were valid. She also let me know that I would be the Lead at Rapids. Which means, I'm in charge, I get paid more and I get the respect I deserve. The bad side, I have to be there at 4 am, which means 335 shuttle and then walking up the long steep hill! BOO!

So I start tomorrow as Lead :) I have an officially set schedule. 4-930 Rapids/10-1 Lynx: MTThFSa, W/Su off :) Works good huh?!

So since I have evenings off, I decided to walk to FHE/Institute tonight, alone. There was no activity planned so it was just Institute. WAAAAAAAY better than seminary! No offence Sister Miller! Afterwards, I was hoping that someone would give me a ride back home. Coinsidetially enough, Kody offered me one. I pretended like I wasn't too eager, so pretended I hadn't heard him. I then ask him for a ride and he jokes by saying 'I knew you couldn't say no to me'. :) But, he gave the stupid girl a ride too and she stole all the attention! She seriously looks and talks like a snooty, stuck-up snobby bad word! Oh well...

So here I am at 913 writing my good night blog. Hopefully I can get out into the Nat'l park on Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. Make sure to get plenty of sleep! At least you aren't going to work in the dark at 3am. I wonder if Alaska has a high kidnapping/rape rate since there isn't really um...night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually wasn't dark at 3am! Weird huh?! I guess Alaska has the highest rape rate, not because the no night, but because there is so much space between people and the ratio of guys to girls is like 5 to 1.

    ReplyDelete