Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 17

Early morning :) I ran into some drunk guys on my way up the hill in my cart. They hadn't gone to bed yet at 4am. Kinda sad if you ask me... Work was really slow. I calculated that if I don't spend any of my paycheck money and continue with at least 53 hours/week, I should come home with over $6,000! I'm hoping I get another raise or more hours maybe. I'm already exhausted everyday, but to go home with no debt and money in the bank would be nice.

I went to Institute tonight. It was really good. We were reading 2nd Nephi Ch2 V25 and 27 (Scripture Masteries). I didn't have them memorized like everyone else so I sorta felt like a failure. Oh well. I'll work at it everyday! I started reading the BOM. I'm hoping to finish it before I get home!

Steve and Tomi are surprisingly in Alaska, so mom gave them my shoes and backpack and cool enough, they are staying at the lodge right next door to the one I work at! They get in on Wednesday around 4. I have the day off after 930, so I'll go home for a bit, maybe take a small hike to the lake, then come back and go meet them at McKinley Chalet. I am so thankful for them bringing me my shoes. I know its such a small thing, but it means a lot! Maybe with my tip money, I can take them out to dinner :)

I got to talk to Adam,  mommy, Ethan and daddy today. No offense to anyone, but I needed to talk to my daddy the most. Mommy and I can just talk about everything, but it seems that when daddy talks to me, its like hes giving me a big hug with his words. I haven't had a homesickness breakdown yet, but when I was talking to him I started crying. I don't know if he heard it, but I was. He was saying that he feels like all this amazing stuff will happen to me and it gave me comfort. I didn't get my fathers blessing before I left (which was what I really wanted) and I feel like just talking to him I have just gotten 5 from him! When I was on the phone with him, he told me to pray to my Heavenly Father for guidance and comfort. I was crying when he was saying that and right after I got off my phone, the rain clouds moved away, and the sun came out. It was just like that painting in the church buildings of Christ coming down out of the clouds with the brightness of the sun and a herald of angels trumpeting his arrival. I took a picture of it!

 I do miss my family and I want to give them all a big hug right now, but I need to be strong for myself and just trust in the Lord to keep me happy and safe. Here I am crying again. A good healthy cry.

I'm tired from all this crying and just want to sleep my tears away. Goodnight readers, goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. Insert picture into blog...

    I wasn't supposed to tell you Steve and Tomi were coming. Is was supposed to be a surprise. :( D'oh!

    ReplyDelete