Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 9

I had work at 9 today at the cafe. My boss let me off early so I could get to church.

I walked to church in crocs today and it only took 20 minutes. When I got there I put my other shoes on. I talked to a guy from the area and he said the only time they cancel church is when its below -30! Soooo cold!

Church was amazing today. I can't remember a time where I enjoyed church more! You would think that having a whole sacrament meeting about the Law of Chastity would be awkward and weird, but it wasnt. The talks were really well prepared. The Bishop compared the homestead to Sodam and Gamora. haha

Bishop Shreeve doesn't have my records yet, but has given me a calling already. I am Branch Music Director. I decide hymns, pianist and chorister. It sounds like a fun job :)

We sang 'As Zion's Youth In Latter Days' and it is now my favorite song! If I wouldn't have been directing the music, I may have started crying. It is such a good song! After church I walked home with Liz, a girl from the cafe. Shes really quiet but really nice!

Its awesome how many people I work with at the Lodge that are LDS. They just kept walking in the doors and it made me smile! There a lot of cute guys too!

Its funny, I get home and into my room after having these amazing talks on the Law of Chastity, and my roommate is listening to the Britney Spears/Rhianna mix version of S&M..... how ironic is that!

Well, I have work at 5am! I know, so early it should be illegal, but its true! LAME! Yes, this is me signing off and going to bed at 9pm! I want my sleep!

4 comments:

  1. Sing 'Come Ye Children of the Lord' for me. It's my favorite! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I just got a calling too! Nick and I are primary teachers for the CTR 5 class! You should sing hymn 42! That's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CTR 5?! That should be fun! haha

    HAIL TO THE BRIGHTNESS OF ZIONS GLAD MORNING!

    I've never sang that one...

    ReplyDelete