Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 14

Another early morning :) It went really well until I counted my till and was over by $11.25! I don't even know how I did it! Oh well. One incident won't get me fired (knock on wood). My feet are killing in my shoes. Within an hour of working I wish I would have brought my black tennis shoes. The ones I wear have no cushion, support for my feet or ankles and they have no bend. I talked to dad today and he said he would send them to me. THANK YOU DADDY!!! I also am going to have him send me more body butter because with how dry it is here, my Lovespell which was full before I left, will be gone by June.

I didn't take a nap today so I didn't miss dinner!

I also got my first mosquito bite today! Its on my hip.

I love that I have 48 hrs/week scheduled. I always end up getting and extra hour or two each shift too. For Rapids, Emily sometimes needs my help afterwards and Lynx is always in the middle of the lunch rush when I'm supposed to leave. In fact, today I would have left on time at 1, but Rudy, my supervisor, came back to the office and asked me to bus for a bit. I ended up getting an additional hour on the clock. I'm probably already at 55+ hours this week :)

After work tomorrow, I don't work again until Monday morning! I know its only 1 day off, but since I'm off at 1 tomorrow, its like 2 days! Perks of having weird hours. Since I'm getting so used to these weird hours, I know my body is going to be used to it when I get back home in 3 months. I wake up with the sun here and I'm not even tired! It's kind of annoying.

I got mail today! Unfortunately it was only my Alaskan Food Services Card. I got 100% on the stupid test and I didn't study and I haven't since my sophomore year of high school. Weird, that was 5 years ago! Man, time goes by fast! I was hoping it was a letter or package from someone as a surprise but it wasn't! When I went to pick up my letter, my roommate Mallory picked up a few letters and a few boxes. I was jealous! I think that everyone should draw a picture or write a letter and send it to me :)

I haven't gotten homesick yet. It may just be waiting, but I think if it hasn't happened yet, it won't happen for a while. I love talking to my family and telling Mallory about stories about my family, but her dad died in September and a lot of the stories I tell have a mention or 2 of dad. I don't mean to tell stories about dad to her because I don't want to hurt her feelings, but I do anyways. She doesn't seem hurt, but I know if my dad died and my roommate told stories of her dad, I would get sad!

R.I.P. Kenickie, you were the hottest of the T-Birds! (PS he died today)

And I hope Preston's magic show went well and that he raised a lot of money! I'll probably call him to see how it went tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'll send you stuff! what's your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) P.O. Box 420 Healy, AK 99743.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF you use baby oil right after you get out of the shower it will help keep your skin softer longer. It's a trick people use all the time in Denver because it is dry there too.

    ReplyDelete