Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 11

Oh wow! Today I opened up at Rapids. I am the lead and it felt wonderful to be in charge! I had to wake up at 3 and catch the bus at 335. It wasn't too busy up there which was nice because I sorta had to train people on machines and such. We kept running out off coffee in our machines, so Tony, a guy I work with, LITERALLY went on a coffee run down and up the hill 3 times! Crazy boy! We managed to get about $30 in tips for the day. We were only open from 5-9 and only had about 30-40 customers in that time :)

After work, I got my 30 minute break and then went to Lynx. About 10 minutes before I was off, an unexpected lunch rush came in! It was crazy. People were everywhere and there were only 3 working in the FOH and so it got ridiculous! Orders were messed up and people had to wait. Two couples were having lunch and they all ordered the same thing. One of the couples finished their meal 30 minutes before the other couple got theirs! So stupid! So I got an hour of overtime today! That was nice!

When I was done, I was so tired! I was at the lodge for 11 hours and working 9.5 of those! My feet were killing so bad that I could barely walk! So I got home and went straight up stairs to take a nap at 330. I set my alarm for 6 so I wouldn't miss dinner. Ya, that didn't happen. I slept right through it. I didn't wake up until 1130pm! Good thing I have tomorrow off or the whole going back to sleep thing to wake up in 3 hours wouldn't sit well with me! So I am hungry, so I'm going to find a buddy and walk the 2 blocks to the general store and get a Pop-tart or something! Way healthy, huh?

I may go to the Denali Nat'l park tomorrow. It all depends on if there is a spot open on the busses.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta stop missing those meals that you're paying for! Better keep a loaf of bread in your room just in case though. Or starting eating at Lynx.

    ReplyDelete