Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 12

Had work at 4am this morning. It was terrible! Our espresso and drip coffee machines weren't working so we had to do runs of coffee all morning! Our computers went down for a bit and I had a huge line so had to do everything manually on paper! Then, a lady had waited and had waited everywhere she had been so she was getting pissed about us having to microwave hot water and asked for her money back. She paid in cash and we couldn't find her ticket in the computer so she made us give her money back from the tip jar! $5!!!! Terrible. I hate rich old people that think they're better than everyone. I understand you're paying $300 per night, but you can still have some respect and understand that even in the middle of Alaska the power goes out, machines go weird! I know we shouldn't have excuses but that doesn't mean you can be a jerk! But one good thing did happen: we finally got the machine to work right as we were closing so tomorrow should be good and the annoying stupid old man that works with me isn't going to be working with me anymore! THANK YOU EMILY!!!!!!!!

I went to the activity committee meeting tonight. All the vets of Princess kind of monopolized the conversation by just talking louder and louder over each other. It was dumb. Apparently we are having a Recess Day, John Hughes Movie Week, Talent Show, Drag Show, Poker Night and much more just in June. We will also be doing Biggest Loser. I think I have already lost some because I feel like I look better in the mirror now.  I just hope that I am and that I continue to lose weight so I can be a whole new lady when I get back to the lower 49! I'll get myself enrolled in the Court Reporting Program, find me a boy and how about an apartment! Or just live with the rents :) I could wake up and get Adam ready every morning to stay there!

So that was my day. Oh, I also got 2 extra hours today. I did the math and not considering my overtime hours I may get, I should be getting between 45 and 50 hours per week. So plus overtime, plus the fact that I get there early means more tip percentages for me, plus I get paid more per hour for being a lead means lots of money for me :) So I can pay off my credit card, pay off my Europe Trip to my sister and then see what else I need to do. Who knows, maybe I'll buy the Camry off my parents... or a BRAND NEW CAR! haha, probably not...

Tomorrow I work at 4 again until 1. Its almost 10pm so I need to go to bed. At least tomorrow we don't have a rush of people coming tp or leaving the lodge! Phew. Nighty night!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously- you pay $300 a night and you're worried about $5? Okay... And since when does heating water in a microwave become SUCH an unbearably obscene pain in your butt?? ;)

    ReplyDelete