Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 16

Sunday! My first and only day off! I was so excited to sleep in a just relax, but no. My body is too used to 3am, that I woke up at 3am! It was horrible! I finally fell back asleep until 6 and then couldn't again... Oh well. I actually got all 3 meals today which was an exciting first as well!

I went to the lodge to get my tips from Lynx and check out my schedule for this next week. I got $89! Sweet huh?! I get Rapids tips tomorrow. I checked the schedule and instead of my normal 10-1, I now work 10-2! I know its only an extra hour, but that adds up to 5 extra hours a week. I now have a 53hour/week workload!  I shouldn't complain, people all around me only have 1 job and want more. But, I want time off to go hiking and hang out with people. With this one day off a week, it is my recovery day. My day to sleep, veg and be off my feet for a change! My feet take a beating up here!

Today it rained! It was fantastic! I didn't realize how much I missed it until I've been here for 2 weeks and my skin is dry and sad! The rain was welcomed warmly by me! I opened my screen and stuck my head out and let it just drip all over my face. I was so thankful for the rain today! It is supposed to rain a little bit all week and I hope it does. After the little bit of rain we had, everything smelled better and things looked greener! I miss the PacNoW but I'm not leaving Alaska just yet. I still have through September!

I have work at 3am tomorrow morning. It is 7:45. I better go shower, brush my teeth and go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment