Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 21

Saw a moose and its baby today! Those babies are so cute and huge! It also rained all day today! I loved it up until I had to wait in it for an hour in a bad mood and tired. Why bad mood and tired, well here we go with this fun adventure:

I started something wonderful this morning. You girls know how it is. It's your favorite monthly activity that is just a ball of awesome! Anyways, so that happened and then I went to work. We were slow at Rapids like usual and then I went to Lynx. We were really slow right up until I was scheduled to leave. I stayed to wait until the line had gone down but it didn't. Then our computers stopped working because some dummy in Seattle flipped the power computer switch! We couldn't even get into our registers because we didn't have the key for some stupid reason that I never got. So we did everything by hand. We did all money and change without help from the register, we couldn't place orders without having to yell them to the back. By the time I could leave it was already 3 so I missed the bus and had to wait an hour.

I did get a 'Star of the Moment' just like everyone else at work. It wasn't that 'Star of the Moment' kind of moment. I think they just like to give those stars away to make customers think were great. I'll take it, but in the long run, I was just doing what I had to do to get my job done. I also talked to customers, because that is what you do as a server, and one lady said I was the sunshine at Lynx and that Princess should only hire me or people just like me. I guy also said that I was an amazing person after helping them out and serving and taking time to talk to them. I could have said 'Hey, fill out this recognition form for me so I can be pointed out as awesome' but I didn't. I was just doing the job. I love it, but also hate the fact that people aren't doing their job, so when I just do it, its this amazing thing. People need to learn how to work! People need to learn social skills. People need to learn customer service! Its ridiculous!!! I hate that people don't know how to work. It just makes me glad that I was taught how to work so I can be productive!

I also got paid today! $612 big ones :) I don't need to spend it because I still have 75 in tips from last week! Haha! I can finally save some! Well, put it to my credit card now...

Also, the cute boy Kody talked to me today. He approached me and sat with me for 15 minutes and we talked and laughed. He even ate some of my cinnamon roll. Dumb detail, but I don't care. He says he will give me a ride to church each week now! I feel like I can talk to him now without feeling like a dummy. Now those dumb girls will have a bit of competition I guess. I don't know though... he seems out of my league even on friend status. But maybe not since he did come to me without me noticing him.

So I have now been awake for 15 hours and am exhausted. I need my sleep, I am posting a blog at 6pm-ish and then going to bed. Hopefully I will be asleep by 7 so I can get 8 hours of sleep. After tomorrows shift, I don't work again until Monday! Yay! I love having a day off! Well, I need to read my scriptures before I go to bed! Peace!

1 comment: