Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 25

Today was a polar opposite of yesterday. Today was a day full of crazyness! Lets start, shall we?

On the bus to work we were informed that the power and water had gone out. Awesome huh? It was off from about 130am-6am. When we got there, we were told that any breakfast served would be the cinnamon rolls and muffins and stuff from River Run and that Rapids would not be open, nor would any restaurant. So in the cart, I drove to the top of the hill to get any supplies Rapids had for River Run. We had power up there. As soon as I got down and started unpacking the cart, I was told that Rapids would be open. We didn't have water so I knew there would be no coffee and therefore many unhappy guests.

I got back to the top and started setting up. Guests came in complaining of no water. When we opened at 5, I had many people come in asking to get some water so I would be in process of handing them the bottle and giving them their total and they would yell at me for having to charge them. Many guests walked off with the water without paying. THEN, we got a huge shipment of water bottles in. I mean cases of water! So I was confused. Then a guest told me that he had just talked to the front desk and they were giving away water bottles. So I assumed that the huge shipment of water was for handing out (since we didn't have water for drinking or anything, which I think it should have been free) for free, when I was supposed to charge for them.

Backtrack, when we had been told about no power, we were told that breakfast would be free and signs were put up saying 'Due to the power outage there is no water. Please enjoy a grab and go breakfast....' In my mind that says, 'were sorry there isn't water so have breakfast on us'. Nope. They decided to charge for everything. There were so many unhappy guests. In the end, I felt like guests were being cheated and some people were so awesome about not having their coffee, that when water did get back up, I just gave them cups. What is losing out on a few $2 free refills coffees when you could have unhappy guests telling people not to come (when it is $300 a night)... I did my best and in the end, I think most people were happy. Oh, we also got our espresso machine to work today! I was able to make lattes and cappuccinos! Yay!

So, next... You know how many guys think they can put stuff together so well and just kinda push women to the side over stuff like that. Well that happened today! I was so mad. There is this dumb kid named Tony I work with at Rapids and Lynx (so I have to deal with him from 5am until 1pm! It is for lack of a better word HELL!) I can't work with this stupid 18 year old any more. So we were setting up the ice cream machine at Lynx. He had the chocolate side and I had the vanilla side. There is a lot to hook up. He didn't lube his stuff, he just put it in. Instead of putting pieces in that were attached to each other, he would put a piece in, and then blindly attatch the next piece. So I was lubing up the pieces that needed it, here is the following conversation about the machine

"Why isnt this piece lubed?" (him)
"Because you didn't lube it" (me)
"Can you lube it up for me?" (in the middle of me doing my own thing)
"Sure"
"Why didn't you lube this one?"
"Because you grabbed it before I could"
"Lube it then"
Silence from me as I lube it.
"Why don't you attatch the pieces tofgether before you put them in?" (me being snappy at him because I am over working with him)
"Because its how I do it"
"You realize you can't see how it goes in, and its easier to just do it first?!"
"Ya, but I like to do it this way" (twice as long)

In the end, he put pieces together wrong and asked me why it was all broken. Like it was my fault that the side he hooked up was wrong!!! Geeze kid! His side refused to pump so I unhooked everything and re hooked it up and it started pumping. In process of unhooking his mess, a supervisor comes over and asks why he was sitting there. He said that he was helping me put it together. My supervisor responded with 'I think she has it and it doesn't take two people" Thank you supervisor Rudy (who loves me and hates the kid) for saving me from the nightmare that is Tony. Don't get me wrong, Tony is a really nice kid, but he is so naive and isn't the brightest bulb. He drives me insane!!!! He always tells stupid jokes and makes noises and is so weird and annoying! I don't know how long I can survive working with him! 4 months with him may be the death of me!

So, then I came home and took a nap! It was nice. I got woken up once by Dani who let me listen to Jub (my nephew, real name is Justin. Jub is just a nickname) talking! He is the cutest little thing ever!

After that I woke up and went to dinner. After that I went to the 'Biggest Loser' first weigh in. I lost weight. Won't say how much but I am so excited about it! I hope to come home a different person!

Also, today Casey and Preston graduate. Dad kept sending me updates and pictures (which I am thankful for) but I swear he was trying to make me cry over that fact that I wasn't there. I am sad that I'm not there to celebrate with the rest of my family, but I feel like this is the right place to be right now. Even if it is miles, an ocean and another country away from my family. I am so proud of the twins and I can't wait for Casey to head off to BYU and Preston to go on his Mission! I know they will both do great things in the years to come! They will grow and I can't wait to see how they handle adulthood!

Tomorrow is my partial day off, I'm off at 930am. So back to homestead by 1030. If I'm not too tired, I plan on going for a walk to Otto Lake when I get back. I probably will be, so I will sleep, wake up for lunch and then go out!

I am so thankful to be in such a beautiful place! I know that I was meant to come up here for something. My friend Megan might come to church with me even though it means taking a day off. I got a letter in the mail from my fellow guardie and girl I coach. It was her graduation announcement. Time flies so fast! I liked getting a letter. If anyone wants to make my day, that will definitely do it!

Well, off to bed. I just hope the power doesn't go off again! That would be terrible!

So much today compared to yesterday! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment